As we told you last week, there will be a free upcoming webinar in conjunction with the AIPLA Standards and Open Source Committee. The webinar will feature a panel of attorneys and industry professionals discussing the consequences that may stem from decisions in some recent standard-essential patent cases of note, including the RAND breach of contract dispute between Microsoft and Motorola and the controversial ITC Section 337 case involving Samsung and Apple.
Titled “Practical Considerations & Industry Perspectives in Applying Recent FRAND Rulings,” the webinar will take place on Wednesday, August 7 from 12:30pm to 1:30pm EDT. The panel will feature a diverse mix of attorneys and experienced industry professionals, including:
- David Long, Partner at Dow Lohnes PLLC and Co-Founder of The Essential Patent Blog
- Deanna Tanner Okun, Partner at Adduci, Mastriani & Schaumberg LLP and Former ITC Chairman
- Mark Snyder, Vice President, Corporate Litigation, Qualcomm Incorporated
- Gil Ohana, Senior Director, Antitrust and Competition, Cisco Systems
- Matt Rizzolo, Associate at Dow Lohnes PLLC and Co-Founder of The Essential Patent Blog
This hour-long webinar and Q&A will focus on practical takeaways from recent FRAND-related decisions by Judge Robart in Microsoft v. Motorola and the ITC decision in Samsung v. Apple. Panelists will discuss the substance of these decisions, and will delve into the real-world implications that these rulings may have in the standard-essential patent licensing arena – including the effects these cases may have on the future actions and incentives of both patent licensors and licensees, as well as on potential participants in the standard-setting process.
We hope you can join us on August 7 for this complimentary webinar. Space is limited, so please reserve your seat as soon as possible.