The recent decisions in the Microsoft-Motorola district court case and the Samsung-Apple ITC investigation (No. 337-TA-794) promise to have far-reaching consequences for those in industries that deal with standard-essential patents. We at the Essential Patent Blog thought it would be helpful to have a panel of seasoned experts discuss the import of these decisions. To that end, Dow Lohnes PLLC is sponsoring a complimentary webinar in conjunction with the American Intellectual Property Law Association’s (AIPLA) Standards & Open Source Committee.
The webinar is titled “Practical Considerations & Industry Perspectives in Applying Recent FRAND Rulings,” and will take place on Wednesday, August 7 from 12:30pm to 1:30pm EDT. The panel will include:
- David Long, Partner at Dow Lohnes PLLC and Co-Founder of The Essential Patent Blog
- Deanna Tanner Okun, Partner at Adduci, Mastriani & Schaumberg LLP and Former ITC Chairman
- Mark Snyder, Vice President, Corporate Litigation, Qualcomm Incorporated
- Gil Ohana, Senior Director, Antitrust and Competition, Cisco Systems
- Matt Rizzolo, Associate at Dow Lohnes PLLC and Co-Founder of The Essential Patent Blog
This hour-long webinar and Q&A will focus on practical takeaways from recent FRAND-related decisions by Judge Robart in Microsoft v. Motorola and the ITC decision in Samsung v. Apple. Panelists will discuss the substance of these decisions, and will delve into the real-world implications that these rulings may have in the standard-essential patent licensing arena – including how the outcome of these cases could affect the future actions and incentives of both patent licensors and licensees.